Medieval Village, land of traditions and legends, with a vast heritage of religious architecture and historical monuments, the village of kings and queens, is distinguished by a rich gastronomy, by their cultural life very dynamic and the vast architectural heritage and history.
A true symbol of history in Portugal, the castle of Óbidos is fully restored today, being one of the most beautiful castles in activity and referenced as one of the seven wonders of Portugal.
Stroll through the town of Óbidos is to enter a fantastic atmosphere of a medieval borough, which reaches almost intact to the third millennium.
The streets in downtown between the walls are lined with shops of handicrafts, which offer a wide range of articles of traditional culture very appreciated by tourists. Bars and restaurants decorated in a rustic and cozy provide a unique atmosphere where you can enjoy local cuisine and the famous ginginha typical of the region.
Annual festivals in Óbidos, which attract every year thousands of tourists:
- Óbidos Vila Natal
- Semana Santa
- Maio Barroco
- Temporada de Cravo
- Junho das Artes
- Mercado Medieval
- Semana Internacional de Piano
- Festival de Ópera
With a network of monuments, museums and galleries to visit near the town of Óbidos, it is also possible to enjoy other sites of interest:
- Golf – at about 15 Km, regarded as one of the best courses in Europe.
- Lagoa de Óbidos -Boat, Windsurfing, Canoeing, rowing; Kiteboard; Jet Ski and ski nautical and Stand Up Paddleboarding.
- Hiking – Path of the Real Ducks, journey from the nest of a stork, Game Park of Obidos
- Beaches – Beach of El Rei, Beach of Covões, Beach of Rei Cortiço, Beach of Bom Sucesso
- Ecopista of Óbidos
- Quinta dos Loridos – Oriental Garden of Buddha Éden
Óbidos, lies just 80km from Lisbon (about 55mins from the airport) and 15 Km from the beaches.